Updated June 17, 2020 • 10:40am
As information evolves, this page is the primary, most up-to-date place for you to receive answers to commonly asked questions. We are committed to doing everything we can to provide a safe environment for our church family and the surrounding community.
A Message from our Directional Team // Wednesday, June 17, 2020
Our Summer Series
This week we’re looking forward to launching a new, eight week sermon series that we’re calling, Renewed. During these weeks we’ll talk together — not about something new per se — but a fresh emphasis on something old. For two thousand years the Church has been used by God to advance the gospel, and that’s what we want to keep doing — but with a renewed energy, a renewed focus. We hope you’ll join us this week online or in person as we kick off this series on Sunday, June 21 at 9:00 and 11:00am.
Weekend Services // A Few Changes
Each week we assess and adapt how we gather while maintaining our commitment to promote a safe environment for those who attend. We’ve been so encouraged by the way those who’ve attended have adapted their habits to help us abide by Nebraska’s Directed Health Measures. Here are the steps we’ll be taking this week to ensure safety while opening the opportunity to gather to as many people as possible:
- Service Times: Sunday, June 21, at 9:00 and 11:00am (Note: for the time being, services will take place on Sunday only in order to minimize our building use as we phase into a full regathering.)
- No Registration Necessary: After having people register the last two weeks, we’ve decided that we can safely gather without registering this week.
- No Strict Attendance Restriction: Our only attendance restriction this week will be that which is required due to social distancing, not a number of attendees.
- Social Distancing: We will continue to sit in every other row with at least two empty seats between family units. Ushers will be available to help with seating.
- Masks: Masks will be available for those who would like to have one, but will not be required.
- Public Spaces: Public spaces in the church will remain closed, except for restrooms.
- Giving: Give online or by dropping your offering into one of the large giving boxes placed at the building entrances.
- Kids + Youth Ministry: Kids and youth will continue to attend services with their parents (note: the cry room will not be available).
Weekend Services // Livestream
We know that for many of you, gathering in person is just not feasible yet. We’ll continue to make our online experience as engaging as possible. However, you might notice a few changes:
- No Pre-Recording: We’ll be streaming the services as they happen, this means the viewing experience will be a little different than in previous weeks.
- No Saturday Service: For the time being, services will take place and be streamed on Sunday (9:00 and 11:00am) only.
- Watch Online: The livestream can be viewed on Facebook, YouTube and our website.
Online Connect Groups // New Session
Finally, this weekend we’re launching a new Online Connect Groups session. Simply put, the Christian life is not meant to be lived alone. Online Connect Groups offer a place to gather with other believers, encourage one another during these challenging days, and exhort one another to become more like Jesus. There’s still time to sign up for this eight-week, sermon-based, small group experience!
Note: updates below are highlighted in red.
Will we have services this weekend?
This weekend our services will be available by livestream and in-person (no registration necessary) on Sunday at 9:00 and 11:00am.
Join us online using any device:
- Going to lincolnberean.org/live
- Use the main navigation on our website: Sermons – Watch Live
- On your Roku device
- On our Lincoln Berean Facebook Page – Facebook Live
- On our Lincoln Berean YouTube Page – YouTube Live
Can I still give to the offering?
Yes, you will still be able give by:
- Clicking the Give button in the upper right corner of our website
- By navigating to https://lincolnberean.onlinegiving.cc/donate/login
- Texting “give” to 855.682.4483
- Placing your offering in the giving boxes at each entrance before and after in-person services
Will there be classes and events at the church this weekend?
To adhere with the Directed Health Measures (DHM) by the state of Nebraska, our in-person worship services (Sunday at 9:00 and 11:00am) will be the only events taking place.
If you need to speak to a member of the On Call team during the building’s closure for prayer or pastoral care, call 402.483.6512.
Will there be events and classes during the week?
Please refer to our Happenings page for more information.
Will the building be open during the week?
Yes. At this time, starting Monday at 8:00am, our building will be open during our normal hours. Our campus operations team has planned and implemented cleaning and sanitation processes as well as providing additional hand sanitizer stations. Our staff will continue to be available throughout the week.
Our website is the best place to find updates and information as we move forward. We continue to monitor the situation and will communicate plans as they are confirmed.
What precautions can people take when they come to the building?
We encourage everyone to take certain steps to protect themselves and others from the coronavirus, flu and other illnesses, including:
- Washing your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Using hand sanitizer when soap and water is not available
- Not touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick
- Staying home if you are sick
- Covering your cough or sneeze
- Disinfecting objects and surfaces regularly