Dear Esprit Applicant and Parents,
We are beyond excited to be planning for and looking forward to Esprit 2021. This year may not be entirely “normal”, and we could very well have changes along the way, but the church leadership has given us the green light, so we are stepping out in faith and praying for an impactful season. Because of COVID restrictions and some of the additional meetings that we have had, we are getting rolling a little later than usual. So please read ALL the information below and pay particular attention to the deadlines that are listed.
We primarily rely on previous students to tell their friends about Esprit and encourage them to apply – so get the word out. If you know of someone who would benefit from this ministry, please send them our way. It appears that we will only have between 20-25 slots available for new members so the sooner the better.
Below are a few things to know before you start the application process, as well as links to each application form.
Please note: All application forms need to be submitted online by Saturday, March 13, 2021.
Required Forms: (links found at the bottom of this page)
• Student Application Form
• Schedule/Conflict Form
• Parent Form
• Audition Time Form (new applicants only)
We take very seriously the responsibility of spending so many hours with these students. Our desire is to see them continue to develop a thriving relationship with the God who loves them so dearly and to find a place of friendship and belonging within the group. We believe each one of them will bring something special to the group that would not be there without them. Hence our theme for the year:
Esprit 2021 – LOVE GOD LOVE PEOPLE
So thankful to have Marybeth Helmink on board as our administrator and Hannah Roepke as the tour coordinator/drama director. We will also have several college students on board to help with choreography and other needs along the way.
Feel free to reach out with any questions you might have. We are looking forward to this new year–to see our teens from past years and to meet new ones!
Carey Helmink // 402-890-6050
Hannah Roepke // 402-405-2140
Marybeth Helmink – email@example.com // 402-791-5559
(Please include your name when texting. Thanks.)
Things you should know:
1. We value the commitment you and your student make to Esprit, so not missing any rehearsals is important. We understand that life is busy, but also know that Esprit is a much richer experience the more that you attend rehearsals. Please read and check all dates of the rehearsal/tour schedule (listed in the Conflict/Schedule form). Once you indicate the dates that you can attend rehearsals and those dates that are potential conflicts, please reference the email you will receive after submitting the Conflict/Schedule form as a reminder of your commitment.
2. Again, ALL APPLICANTS NEED TO FILL OUT ALL ONLINE FORMS. We are using a different platform for these forms this year so that is particularly important. (Links to forms at the bottom of this page.)
Reminder: Applications are due Saturday, March 13, 2021.
3. New applicants will need to go through a short, non-threatening interview and audition process. There is no need to prepare anything ahead of time, instructions will be provided at the audition. Please choose your audition date on the Audition Time form and mark your calendar. All auditions will take place at Lincoln Berean. We will text or email you a few days before with your audition to confirm time/location.
4. Esprit is a ministry of Lincoln Berean Church, but more importantly, we represent Christ to the world. We place a high value on behavior of our members. Please know that you will be asked to comply with our expectations should you be accepted. We understand that we have kids from many different backgrounds, but by applying for Esprit you are agreeing to behave in a manner that honors God and respects the values and commitment of Lincoln Berean Church.
5. Throughout the season we will communicate often through text, email (parents), and the REMIND app. Please watch for these and read them. You will be responsible for the information you receive.
6. Should you be accepted to join Esprit 2021, there is a fee to participate. Lincoln Berean Church graciously covers many of our expenses, but we do ask each participant to pay $300 toward travel expenses. You will also be responsible for your lunchtime meal each day on tour. Having said that, we do not want the expense of being a part of Esprit to be a factor that keeps you from applying. Every year, we have people that graciously provide funds to sponsor students who could use some assistance. Feel free to reach out to us with questions/concerns.
Esprit 2021 Application Forms:
All application forms need to be submitted online by Saturday, March 13, 2021.
Questions, contact: Marybeth Helmink – firstname.lastname@example.org // 402-791-5559
(Please include your name when texting. Thanks.)