Dear Esprit Applicant and Parents,
It is that time of year again! And as always, we are excited to launch the Esprit 2023 season. Please read ALL of the information below and pay particular attention to the deadlines that are listed. This year’s schedule is a little different than most years because of when July 4th falls, so it is very important that you are aware of when dress rehearsals are taking place.
We primarily rely on “word of mouth” to find new students for the group – so please invite your friends and make sure they know that they can apply online. We never know how many open slots we will have from year to year and sometimes things fill up quickly. There is a limit to the number of students we can take, so please get your application in sooner rather than later. If you are a returning Esprit member you DO NOT have to audition again, but you DO need to fill out the forms listed below.
ALL RETURNING AND NEW INCOMING STUDENTS need to fill out:
- Student Application form
- Schedule/Conflict form
- Parent form
NEW APPLICANTS ONLY need to fill out:
All these forms can be found below!
Please read through all of the information in this letter regarding the application process.
- READ AND CHECK ALL DATES on the rehearsal/tour schedule. After you fill out the schedule/conflict form, please make a copy or take a picture of that form to keep for yourself. We value the commitment you and your student make to Esprit and attending rehearsals is obviously very important. We understand that life is busy, but also know that Esprit is a much richer experience if you make it a priority. (NOTE from Carey – I have been a part of this ministry for many years, and it seems that rehearsal attendance declines a little more every year. I don’t think it is my imagination. We understand that it is difficult to know exactly what your summer schedule is going to look like in January when you fill out the conflict form. I would just say that you are responsible to communicate with employers well in advance so that you can make most rehearsals. Also, being tired or having a slight headache or wanting to hang with friends are not acceptable excuses. EVERY person in the group is essential and we need EVERY person to be committed to the process.)
- Again, ALL APPLICANTS NEED TO FILL OUT ALL REQUIRED ONLINE FORMS. APPLICATIONS ARE DUE Friday, March 3, 2023.
- NEW APPLICANTS will be asked to go through a short, non-threatening interview/audition process. No need to prepare ahead of time. Please choose your audition date on the Audition Time form and mark your calendar. All auditions will take place at Lincoln Berean Church. We will text or email you a few days before your audition to confirm time/location.
- Esprit is a ministry of Lincoln Berean Church, but more importantly, we represent Christ to the world. We place a high value on the behavior of our members. Please know that you will be asked to comply with our expectations should you be accepted. We understand that we have students from many different backgrounds, but by applying for Esprit you are agreeing to behave in a manner that honors God and respects those around you. (This includes not only your “in person” self but also your “online” self.)
- Throughout the season we will communicate often through text, email (parents) and the REMIND app. Please watch for these communications and read them. You will be responsible for the information you receive.
- If you are accepted to be a part of the group, there is a participation fee. Lincoln Berean Church graciously covers many of our expenses, but we do ask each participant to pay $350 toward travel and lodging expenses. In addition, you will be responsible for your lunchtime meal each day on tour. Having said that, we do not want the expense of being a part of Esprit to be a factor that keeps you from applying. Every year, we have people that graciously provide funds to sponsor students who might need assistance. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you fall into that category.
- We take very seriously the responsibility of spending so many hours with these students. Our desire is to see them continue to develop a thriving relationship with the God who loves them so dearly and to hopefully find a place of friendship and belonging within the group. We believe each one of them will bring something unique and special to the group that would not be there without them.
- I am so thankful for Marybeth Helmink (administrator) and Hannah Roepke (drama coordinator). They are both so talented and so capable and we are blessed to have them on board again this year. There will also be other young adults coming alongside to help with choreography, booking hotels and other tasks.
Please feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns you might have. And please include your name when texting.
Parents, please know that you are welcome to pop in at the first rehearsal and meet us and ask any other questions you have at that point as well.
Can’t wait to see what lies ahead for us this summer.
Carey Helmink (402-890-6050)
Marybeth Helmink (402-791-5559)
Hannah Roepke (402-405-2140)
Esprit 2023 Application Forms:
Remember: All application forms need to be submitted online by March 3, 2023.