Hey church family,
Last weekend, Bryan encouraged us to come together to worship. If anything, the previous year taught us that we’re created to be together. At the same time, we understand there are complexities to that in this current season. So, we want to inform you of what we’re doing to accommodate and care for our church family.
- We ask that you continue to wear a mask as you enter and exit the building and auditorium, out of respect for others and the current Lancaster County DHM.
- We’ve designated four sections in every service as mask required sections. If you choose to sit there, we ask that you wear a mask for the duration of the service. You’ll find these sections in the four corners of the auditorium (Sections 1, 5, 6 and 11). Each row will be available and we ask that you leave one chair empty between each party.
- There’s plenty of space at our Saturday night service! If you’re just coming back, that might be a great place to start. Let the ushers know if you’d like more space around you and they’ll work with you. If you normally join us on Sundays, but are willing to open up some space by switching to Saturday, we’d love to see you there!
Here’s our thought process:
- We realize that, for some, there are legitimate concerns and it’s important for you to be able to wear a mask in the service while sitting with others that are also wearing masks.
- This allows us to increase capacity in order to let more people gather and worship together.
- This also allows for some sections to continue being available and socially distanced to accommodate mask mandate exemptions.
So, we’ll have some mask required sections and some sections for mask exemptions. For those who may have a strong opinion on one side or the other, I’d encourage each of us to check our hearts — that’s always where God wants us to start, and we want to love each other well in this.
If you need to be in a specific section, please come a little early to find a seat in that area. We will provide overflow seating, if needed, and we’ll continue to stream the services live for those who are unable to join us in person.
We also want to give a shout out to our Usher Team — they’re constantly adapting and working so hard to serve our church family. If you’re an usher, thank you! If you’d like to join this incredible team or learn more, we’d love for you to connect with us on our Serve page.
Our greatest desire is that we will glorify God in our worship as one united church body.
On behalf of the Directional Team
Note: updates below are highlighted in red.
Weekend Gathering Details
- Online Services // All services are streamed at lincolnberean.org/live as well as on Roku and YouTube
- Services Times // Saturday, 7:00pm / Sunday, 9:00am / Sunday, 11:00 am
- Feeling Under the Weather? // We ask anyone feeling sick or experiencing symptoms to engage online (live chat available at lincolnberean.org/live)
- Masks // We ask that attendees wear a mask when entering and exiting the building and auditorium as well as in specifically designated sections. (masks will be available near entrances)
- Kids Ministry requires masks for kids over the age of 5
- Youth Ministry requires masks for all attending
- Staff and volunteers will wear masks while serving on weekends
- Seating plan // We ask that you keep two seats between household units, every other row will remain closed
- Overflow Seating // Available in D203 — our staff will be participating in services from the overflow room to open up space in the auditorium. As always, you’re welcome to join us!
Can I still give to the offering?
Yes, you will still be able give by:
Will there be classes and events at the church this weekend?
For more information on weekends at Lincoln Berean Church, check out our What to Expect page.
If you need to speak to a member of the On Call team for prayer or pastoral care, call 402.483.6512.
Will there be events and classes during the week?
Please refer to our Happenings page for more information.
Will the building be open during the week?
Yes. At this time, starting Monday at 8:00am, our building will be open during our normal hours. Our campus operations team has planned and implemented cleaning and sanitation processes as well as providing additional hand sanitizer stations. Our staff will continue to be available throughout the week.
Our website is the best place to find updates and information as we move forward. We continue to monitor the situation and will communicate plans as they are confirmed.
What precautions can people take when they come to the building?
We encourage everyone to take certain steps to protect themselves and others from the coronavirus, flu and other illnesses, including:
- Due to the city’s new mask requirement, we ask that you wear a mask when entering and exiting the building and auditorium. If you’re comfortable doing so, you may remove masks when you and those with you are in your seat.
- Washing your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Using hand sanitizer when soap and water is not available
- Not touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick
- Staying home if you are sick
- Covering your cough or sneeze
- Disinfecting objects and surfaces regularly