This week marks a significant shift in Lincoln Berean Church’s ministry activity since mid-March, when the COVID19 pandemic resulted in our entire community slowing down to a near-halt. In June, we were so eager to gather together on campus once again – and we are thankful that over these past ten weekends, we have been able to do so safely. For those who have been able, gathering together in person has been a great encouragement.
This weekend, we are excited to take another step towards ‘normalcy’ by relaunching our Saturday evening services (7:00pm), as well as our Kids and Youth gatherings. We are doing all we can to continue to regather in a wise manner – here is an overview of the steps we continue to take:
- Public areas will receive ongoing cleaning while open
- Certain public areas will not be available (i.e. The Commons, etc.)
In the auditorium:
- Seating will be every other row
- Households will be encouraged to keep at least two seats between themselves and others
- Staff will wear masks
- Masks will be available for anyone who needs one
- All attenders are asked to take personal responsibility to abide by the Lincoln City DHM requirement to wear a mask in the building or to maintain 6 feet of distance between yourself and those outside of your household
While the steps outlined have required a bit of adjustment, we have found that they have not limited us from experiencing the joy of gathering face-to-face and worshiping our God together. If you are able, we do hope that you will join us in person.
Even with the above precautions, we know that many of you are not yet able to join us in person. As always, our services will be available live on our website, Facebook, YouTube and Roku. As you worship from home, we also encourage you to join in the comments and discussion on these platforms – it’s an easy way to connect with others!
Looking forward to gathering together this weekend and hearing more about all God has done over the past decade in and through Lincoln Berean Church.
On behalf of the Directional Team
Note: updates below are highlighted in red.
Will we have services this weekend?
This weekend our services will be available by livestream and in-person (no reservation needed) on Saturday at 7:00pm as well as Sunday at 9:00 and 11:00am.
Join us online using any device:
Can I still give to the offering?
Yes, you will still be able give by:
Will there be classes and events at the church this weekend?
For more information on weekends at Lincoln Berean Church, check out our What to Expect page.
If you need to speak to a member of the On Call team for prayer or pastoral care, call 402.483.6512.
Will there be events and classes during the week?
Please refer to our Happenings page for more information.
Will the building be open during the week?
Yes. At this time, starting Monday at 8:00am, our building will be open during our normal hours. Our campus operations team has planned and implemented cleaning and sanitation processes as well as providing additional hand sanitizer stations. Our staff will continue to be available throughout the week.
Our website is the best place to find updates and information as we move forward. We continue to monitor the situation and will communicate plans as they are confirmed.
What precautions can people take when they come to the building?
We encourage everyone to take certain steps to protect themselves and others from the coronavirus, flu and other illnesses, including:
- Due to the city’s new mask requirement, we ask that you wear a mask when entering and exiting the building and auditorium. If you’re comfortable doing so, you may remove masks when you and those with you are in your seat.
- Washing your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Using hand sanitizer when soap and water is not available
- Not touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick
- Staying home if you are sick
- Covering your cough or sneeze
- Disinfecting objects and surfaces regularly